[Commons-l] Fwd: Library and Archives Canada images

Padraic Ryan user.padraic at gmail.com
Sun May 4 17:47:13 UTC 2008

Right now there are 1,300 images in [[Category:Images from Library and
Archives Canada]]. While many are PD, many others have been tagged as
{{CopyrightedFreeUse}} due to some ambiguous language on the LAC website.
Last fall I emailed them to ask about this, and they finally replied - turns
out my suspicion was correct, and our current use violates their license.

Is there someone I should be forwarding this to? Assuming they are right,
some mass deletions are in order. Curiously, they also seem to be asserting
control over those images which are now PD.