[Commons-l] Musing with professional photographers: further lessons learned

para wikipara at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:39:31 UTC 2008

Bryan Tong Minh wrote:
>>  - or put a discreet link underneath for the informations (the small
>>  "enlarge this" icon we use at the right of the caption is NOT understood
>>  by most people).
>>
> I in fact never knew what that icon was for until you sent this mail.
> And I'm not exactly new to MediaWiki.

The last time this was discussed*, there were some interesting proposals
for more descriptive icons, see
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Thebainer/thumbtest>. Some of the
icons, though maybe not these specific versions, are well known around
the world as "more information". Time to move forward and implement one
in MediaWiki?

* <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.org.wikimedia.commons/2566>