[Commons-l] Musing with professional photographers: further lessons learned

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:36:52 UTC 2008

On 23/01/2008, Rama Rama <ramaneko at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hence, with a very little concession to the standard to which
> > > professional photographers are accustomed,
> >
> > Accustomed to what appears to be a non standard practice?
> >

> Yes, who in the world would do that, apart the BBC,

BBC credits AP and getty

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7204570.stm

> CNN,

Nope mostly credit Getty and AP

> the Times

nope
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article3238170.ece

>, the
> Washington Post,

At last one that actually does so.

>and bleeding everybody ?

How many counter examples do I have to provide

> > The problem is that we are making the project in the real world and
> > thus have to understand that by allowing instance on Mr doe we also
> > end up having to allow mr wetriffs.com.
> >

> We don't *have* to do anything.

You start offering caption guarantees and we will

>And how would that be a problem ?

Generally it is not considered a good idea to advertise porn sites in
your image captions. "Prussian Blue courtesy of  all Jews should hang
inc" isn't even going to be legal in quite a number of countries.

--
geni