[Commons-l] Musing with professional photographers: further lessons learned

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:19:57 UTC 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 1:15 PM, Artur Fijałkowski <wiki.warx at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/1/23, Rama Rama <ramaneko at gmail.com>:
>
> > 2) There is definitely a trend of professional photographers to request
> > credits under the image in articles. This is what they are accustomed to.
> > I (and a few others) think that we should make efforts to sensibilise our
> > users to this. We can definitely afford to credit people in articles. This
> > is a small concession which costs us very little and can benefit us greatly.
>
> And why professional photographer should be better treated on
> Wikimedia projects than me or any other contributor?

I find this is the kind of creepy open end question that' scares people away ;-)

I don't see in Rama's sentence anything that says "we should credit
professionals and not others". As a matter of fact, the rest of the
thread suggests that crediting the photographer altogether, whoever
they are, should be a rule. Except we can't promise it to anyone.

Delphine
--
~notafish
http://blog.notanendive.org