[Commons-l] New "my gallery" tool

Daniel Kinzler daniel at brightbyte.de
Sun Jan 13 15:20:00 UTC 2008

> As this display needs a "base category", which I have to enter
> manually, this currently only works for commons, de and en wikipedia.

the toolserver.wiki table has a root_category field for this purpose - but my
maintenance script for that seems to be broken, as it's NULL for almost all
wikis currently :)

Anyway, the way I populate that is simple: look at the root category on the
english wikipedia ("Categories"), and perhaps also on commons ("CommonsRoot"),
and collect all inter-language links. That gives you root categories for all the
more popular wikipedias.

HTH
Daniel