[Commons-l] Please help: PGIP image reviewers needed

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 03:04:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

As you may or may not be aware, I'm coordinating the Philip Greenspun
illustration project, whereby illustrators are paid to create desired
illustrations for Wikimedia.
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Philip_Greenspun_illustration_project>

Round 1 is now underway. Part of the process is that when illustrators
submit their created image, it is put in a "Review" stage before being
finally accepted, so that people can comment on the quality and
accuracy and improvements can be made.

Feedback is encouraged from anyone and can be made anonymously too.
Images currently in review: <http://ur1.ca/2g3> It's fairly similar to
commenting on a Featured Picture nomination.

I want to have a small number of people with the designated role (in
JIRA) of 'Reviewers'. These should be people that I trust to
diligently check image accuracy, as best they can, against the
illustrator's provided sources and other standard reference works.
Reviewers will have the ability to change an image from being  'In
review' to 'Accepted' (or alternately, 'Rejected', although I don't
imagine that being used much).  Reviewers also take into account
generally provided feedback (which is why this is a very useful thing
to do).

I have a few people but I need a few more. If you are interested in
doing this please send me an email off-list.

thanks,
Brianna

ps. there is also a category on Commons now:
<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Philip_Greenspun_illustration_project>

http://modernthings.org/