[Commons-l] [Foundation-l] PD-art and official "position of the WMF"

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Thu Aug 21 20:21:29 UTC 2008

Joe Szilagyi wrote:
> Adding commons-l as a CC as this clearly involves the commons community, and
> should have included that CC to start.

I wasn't trying to hide anything.  I mentioned my initial post at
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:When_to_use_the_PD-Art_tag#Board_position

> Erik is deputy director, and he, Sue, Mike Godwin or the board itself I
> believe is entitled to make such a statement. Are you simply asking for the
> board to endorse or not endorse it?
>
> - Joe

Yes, exactly.  And I would ask that the foundation be more deliberate
about important statements in the future (and this is very important).

Matt Flaschen