[Commons-l] Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase is looking for content

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 20:35:50 UTC 2008

2008/8/5 Daniel Kinzler <daniel at brightbyte.de>:
> geni wrote:
>>

>> We've got both types of files but the size limit may be problematical.
>
> My question was rather if we have interesting original artwork suitable for
> showcasing "free culture artists", as opposed to illustrative samples of
> whatever. I mean... do we? I didn't look :)
>
> -- daniel

Yes.

Videos:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Alexandria_folk_dancing.ogg

Sound well we have various music recordings

Images yes most of our featured images have a artistic element or
there is the old standby
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Glasses_800_edit.png

There have also been a number of paintings and the like released under
free licenses.

--
geni