[Commons-l] Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase is looking for content

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 19:55:37 UTC 2008

2008/8/5 Daniel Kinzler <daniel at brightbyte.de>:

> My question was rather if we have interesting original artwork suitable for
> showcasing "free culture artists", as opposed to illustrative samples of
> whatever. I mean... do we? I didn't look :)

I'd say some of our featured pictures are in with a chance. The
photographs are usually intended first and foremost as illustrative,
but I'd certainly call some of them artistic - have a look through,
for example, http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Featured_pictures/Natural_phenomena

--
- Andrew Gray
 andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk