[Commons-l] Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase is looking for content

Daniel Kinzler daniel at brightbyte.de
Tue Aug 5 15:22:29 UTC 2008

The Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase is looking for content, see
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase>

The want to "show off free culture artists" and want audio and video under
CC-BY-SA - I'm not sure we have much to offer them (do we?), but I suppose we'd
be interested in at least of some of the submittions. So... maybe we could
strike up some sort of collaboration? A Project on commons to
make/collect/suggest content for them? Or ask them to tell people about commons?

I'm wondering if the content they want is really stuff we don't want (your
neighbours garage band), or maybe stuff that could be extremely usefull to use
("example of a trumpet solo")? what do you think?

-- Daniel

PS: I think they could showcase a collection of backdrops and screensaver images
from commons, btw :)