[Commons-l] Good words for upload form from formerly frustrated prospective user

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 00:17:19 UTC 2008

2008/8/1 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> 2008/8/1 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
>> 2008/8/1 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
>
>>> Quick Guide for How To Upload Your Own Pictures:
>>> 1. Create a Commons login. Say something about yourself on your user page.
>>> 2. Upload your stuff. Pick one of the "Own work" options.
>>> 3. Fill in some categories, etc. (wikitext, same as on Wikipedia).
>>> Would that be worth putting in above or in place of one of the huge
>>> walls of text presently on the upload form?
>
>> Nope adding further text to the page is hardly going to help matters.
>

> Well, yeah. Can any of the tl;dr be removed? I realise instruction
> creep only works upward ...
>

> - d.

Probably not but I'm not sure which of our collection of simplified
upload forms you are talking about. The situation went critical some
time back and with various projects taking different approaches or
more than one some of which may or may not have been been broken by
changes to wikimedia since they were introduced.

--
geni