[Commons-l] The great {{Information}} campaign

Jastrow jastrow at pip-pip.org
Thu Sep 6 20:16:53 UTC 2007

Le 9/6/07 9:55 PM, Gregory Maxwell a écrit :

> You're a bit late: It already is the standard.. it's use is directed
> by the upload forms and  it is used on most images.

I know all of that. As of now, {{Information}} is not the standard in
the sense as it's not supposed to be used on *all* images, even those
which are already described by a better template.

Almost all pictures representing Louvre exhibits are described with
{{Information Louvre}}. That means more than 2,500 pictures. I know we
have more than a million files on Commons now, but we're talking about
2,500 pictures with name of the artist, description, medium, dimensions,
credit line, accession number, precise location in the museum and
correct author attribution. Using {{Information}} for those pictures
would be a plain, simple regression.

> Not that there isn't room for improvement. .. the completely
> unstructured data on a lot of our older images and imports from other
> projects is simply terrible.

Which is exactly what my precedent message was adressing.

Jastrow