[Commons-l] Wikimedia Outreach Project

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 3 12:18:31 UTC 2007

On 8/30/07, Florian Straub <Flominator at gmx.net> wrote:
> What about a javascript thingie that matches the language templates of the currently viewed image and the language code of the browser and asks for translation? Magnus?

Sorry, I was on vacation :-) There ya go:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:MyLangNotify.js

Try it with an image that has no language tags:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Ljustorpsfiskare.jpg?withJS=MediaWiki:MyLangNotify.js

And one that has {{de}} and {{en}}:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Lab_bench.jpg?withJS=MediaWiki:MyLangNotify.js

If your user language is in the description, it will emphasize your
language by increasing the font size. If not, it will (not so) kindly
ask you to add a description in your language (see the page heading).
This works only on image pages.

Cheers,
Magnus