[Commons-l] Direct transfer of properly licensed images from wikipedias to commons?

Florian Straub Flominator at gmx.net
Tue Oct 16 14:08:51 UTC 2007

"Magnus Manske" <magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote on Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:56:36 +0100:

[...]

> CommonsHelper does have the functionality to do direct uploads via the
> aforementioned bot account, however, that has been deactivated since
> forever, due to concerns.
>
> I would like to propose the reactivation of that feature.

I used to use a bot made by HardDisk from de.wp to do exactly that, but that one doesn't work any longer.

* Is CommonsHelper able to rename files during the upload?
* Does it fix links to new image?
* Does it tag the wikipedia image with {{NowCommons}}?
* License template switching would be nice as well, see http://tools.wikimedia.de/~luxo/litafi.php for an implementation.

Either way, I'd say: YES!

> de : ~119,000 (no "fair use")
... but Panoramafreiheit, Logos and pictures from 2007-100=1907

Maybe you would have to change some minor details on the way it handles {{information}} but I would like to see such a tool working for me again.

Best regards and strong support,

Flo