[Commons-l] Allow Digital Negative (DNG) RAW format on Commons? (and increase filesize limit)

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Wed Nov 21 19:17:19 UTC 2007

> (How does cropping figure into all this? Almost every one of my uploads
> is cropped, sometimes by quite a lot. Does anybody really want multiple
> megabytes of out-of-focus background shrubbery? :-) )

 Sometimes you want to adjust the aspect ratio of an image (say to make
it fill the width of a wide taxobox without taking up too much height).
If you don't have an orginal with plenty of background to work on this
is much harder (since you would have to create more background or lift
the foreground image onto a new background).