[Commons-l] Free (gratuit and libre) satellite/aerial imagery?

Benjamin Esham bdesham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:08:53 UTC 2007

Florian Straub wrote:

> Benjamin Esham wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a source for satellite or aerial imagery released
> > under a license suitable for Commons use?  I'd like to create images of
> > a couple of locations in the United States, but I haven't been able to
> > find any suitable sources online.
>
> What about www.demis.nl?

Hmm... I'm not sure where exactly on that site you're pointing me to.  It
seems to me to be a source of vector GIS data, while I was looking for
satellite imagery.  Is that available from Demis somewhere?

Cheers,
--
Benjamin D. Esham
E-mail/Jabber: bdesham at gmail.com | AIM bdesham128 | PGP D676BB9A