[Commons-l] Professional photographers on Commons: sucess story

Cary Bass cbass at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 6 17:50:08 UTC 2007

Rama Rama wrote:
> What should we do from there ? my suggestions:
> 1) On the moral aspect: Rejoice: there are really interesting people
> on Commons.
> 2) On the social aspect: Do our outmost so that people like Evstafiev
> feel at home on Commons and really become part of the family (Seek
> them on the Internet, ask them to join, explain how it is around here
> and how contributing to Commons is a symbiosis, provide technical
> support)
> 3) On the technical aspect: Watch this sort of images over and over
> and over again and learn how to compose photos that strong ourselves.

Above all, don't do something like the following comment at
<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/Template:Evstafiev_Mikhail>:

--
Looking at all his images. I have actually strong doubts that the
uploader is the author of all these photos. --ALE!

--
Cary Bass
Volunteer Coordinator

Your continued donations keep Wikipedia running! Support the Wikimedia Foundation today: http://donate.wikimedia.org