[Commons-l] Professional photographers on Commons: sucess story

Joichi Ito jito at neoteny.com
Tue Nov 6 13:49:37 UTC 2007

I've also been rather frustrated with some of the automated tags. For
instance, I recently had an album jacket image removed for lack of
fair use rationale which I uploaded using a fair use template for
album jacket artwork in an article about the album/CD. It was unclear
to me where the discussion about fair use was and how wikimedia/
wikipedia could have two different and conflicting views on album
artwork and fair use. I asked in the IRC channel and everyone just
said, "when I get a bot tag, I just let it get deleted"... which I
guess is one way of viewing it...

I guess if there were some link to a discussion page or something
where you could ask for clarification, that would be useful.

--
My Blog - http://joi.ito.com/
My Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/joi/