[Commons-l] Two new tools for Flickr

Bryan Tong Minh bryan.tongminh at gmail.com
Wed May 16 17:13:22 UTC 2007

As you might, or might not know, I have been quite busy with Flickr
lately, especially with [[User:FlickreviewR]]. I have written two
tools (or actually, one tool with two functions) with helps Commons
users with images for Flickr.

The first is a database of all images reviewed images from Flickr:
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~bryan/flickr/browse You can search on nsid,
username, photo_id, link, and Commons image. The database contains
over 28,000 images, which is over 70% of the total number of Flickr
images on Commons :) [1]

Now the second tool is really handy (imho ;P). It allows you to easily
upload images from Flickr:
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~bryan/flickr/upload :) All images uploaded
by this tool are guaranteed to be tagged under a free Creative Commons
license at upload time. Hopefully this will make it easier to upload
images from Flickr, reduce the number of copyvios and make sure that
only hi res images are uploaded.

All images are still in beta; by using this tools you are subject to
the Commons Licensing and Project scope policies, etc. etc.; Please
report errors to [[User talk:Bryan]]. If you find any security bug in
the upload part, the bot that performs the uploads and to be blocked
is Flickr_upload_bot.

:D,
Bryan

[1] I do have a database of more than 95% of all Flickr images, but a
lot of them are unreviewed. Human reviewed images are daily added to
the database.