[Commons-l] Accredited photographer status?

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Fri May 4 18:26:14 UTC 2007

On 4/23/07, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
> The answer is very simple: For those countries where accreditation is
> a legal matter (France is one of them), the Foundation, or the
> chapters, cannot and will not give this accreditation.
>
> For those countries where the whole accreditation process is more
> open, then it could be imagined that the Wikinews community recognize
> some people as "wiki journalists" or something.
>
> Please remember that as soon as the organisation "endorses" any person
> to contribute content to the projects, it puts itself in a "publisher"
> kind of position, which we need to avoid at all costs, since the
> organisation is *not* a publisher.

Would it be possible for the WMF to make a deal with an actual
publisher?  They could, say, give us a press pass in return for us
giving them a free license to use the photographs.  The St. Petersburg
Times is run by a non-profit and is right down the street.  Maybe
they'd be willing to hook up the WMF with a press pass to use for
events they weren't sending anyone to anyway?

Just a thought.  I don't know much about how these things work.

Anthony