[Commons-l] Seadragon: the future of digital images on the web

Ayelie ayelie.at.large at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 04:47:57 UTC 2007

This fits in somewhat with the recent discussion about fotonotes and image
tagging.

The video: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/129

This technology takes thousands of images and combines them into an
exploreable image, where you can zoom in and explore buildings with each
individual image tagged and containing information that is accessible. The
creator of the technology used flickr to gather images for his
demonstration; we need to introduce this guy to Commons! He was talking
about how more information would be available - Commons images tend to have
far more info than photographs on flickr, and we would be a better source of
images with detailed information and data.

It's a fascinating demo, I hope this becomes widespread; if we can get
involved somehow all the better. Enjoy.

--
Ayelie
  ~Editor at Large