[Commons-l] We may have somewhere to send the exhibitionists

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:44:51 UTC 2007

On 6/21/07, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you guys talking about FotoNotes or what? Because Flickr already
> does that. It sounds very like FotoNotes. http://www.fotonotes.net/

It's basically a less complicated version of that, directed more at
simple tagging than complex annotation.

> Probably MW could do it too (there's an API), if someone wrote an

For an implementation in a wiki we'd probably just use some javascript
to generate wikitext defining the tags. It wouldn't even need to be in
an extension if it were just done with some fancy templates.

Does this kind of functionality sound useful?

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com