[Commons-l] Monobook.css update?

Cary Bass cbass at wikimedia.org
Thu Jun 14 19:39:54 UTC 2007

IMHO, the old monobook is getting old and tired, and it's marginally
relevant to Wikimedia Commons.  And it's so similar to many of the
projects that it's not always easy to tell that you've moved from one
wiki to another.

And, judging from offsite conversations, some of you are agreeing with me.
But not all of us are good at designing skins.  And how do we change it
while upsetting the least amount of people?

I propose that we formulate a contest to come up with a new, more
exciting monobook.css.

What do you all think?

-C