[Commons-l] Meet our photographers page?

Robin Schwab contact at robinschwab.ch
Mon Jun 11 17:55:22 UTC 2007

Magnus Manske schrieb:
>> we SHOULD demand high-res images.
>
> We should WANT hi-res images. We should PREFER hi-res images.

I perfectly agree.

> DEMANDING them in a volunteer project is, well... problematic. Let's
> settle for taking web-grade stuff as well, if that's what's offered.

I agree too. The thread was asking for pro photographers who sell their
images on commons. I proposed one that uses Wikimedia Commons as a
marketing platform. We get very good pictures for articles instead.

If you are a photographer that earns his living with photography why
would you upload high res pics? The fact that you get those pictures
/after/ paying makes shure the photographer gets his money.

Regards

Robin