[Commons-l] Anglo-Saxonisation of the commons

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 21 15:22:17 UTC 2007

daniel1978 at uol.com.br wrote:
> Sorry, but categories should have English-language names only.
>
> How can someone find "Bridges in Athens" if the category title was written
> in Greek? Or "Palaces in Istambul"? Or "Rivers in India" (and what alphabet
> should we use in this last case?).

Well, if I were a native speaker working on el:, "Bridges in Athens"
would be Greek to me. :-)

My understanding was that we agreed to do category names in English as
an interim compromise pending software improvements. If those
improvements are not happening, then we should consider alternative ideas.

Stan