[Commons-l] King of the FlickrLickrs

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 18:19:27 UTC 2007

2007/2/20, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>:

> We've seen some copyvios from flickr. I've not personally used
> FlickrLickr, does it make it easy to see other uploads from the same
> person? Thats a typical place to look for signs of trouble.

Not really, there is a link to the image description page on Flickr, but I
rarely use it. In general all you see is the photograph, description and
tags (not the comments). The only way I sometimes notice copyvios on
FlickrLickr is that there is a series of images (the images are shown in
order of posting to Flickr, so if one person posts a series to Flickr, it
usually shows up close to each other in FlickrLickr) that seems 'too good to
be true'. Then I might go and check, and find that it indeed is.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels