[Commons-l] Yet another GFDL violation in a big newspaper

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 08:52:49 UTC 2007

> On 22/12/2007, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Aw, where's the option for legal action?
>

> If the violator is hosted in the US, anyone can send a DMCA notice.
> When someone is blatantly stealing your stuff and has said they don't
> care, it can work wonders. c.f. Matthew Garrett DMCAing the MPAA
> recently.

I found this one today:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laland/2007/12/tree-of-the-w-2.html#comments
"Photo Credit: commons.wikimedia.org" (no link or anything)
from
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Orange_tree_%28chez_fine%29.jpg
from
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilbanks/100480646/

DMCA takedown notice seems overkill. Geez, we already provide free
content, is it so hard to fulfill the license conditions? I just want
to poke them and say "improve your credit-giving regime".

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/