[Commons-l] seasonal cards

wayne cpa at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 22 14:28:59 UTC 2007

>Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 13:13:52 +1100
>From: Angela <beesley at gmail.com>
>Subject: [Commons-l] Commons greetings cards
>This spun off from a different discussion elsewhere, but I was
>wondering about the possibility of printing Christmas cards based on
>images from Commons. Maybe a partnership with a printing company could
>be made for next year's fundraiser? (I'd buy them!)
>
>Angela

Hi all,
I mentioned several months ago that I was publishing a series of
greeting cards and postcards, of which the postcard series is begun
with 18 in the first run. One photo is used and creditied to Commons
and I have permissions from a couple of Users: to publish their
photography as postcards. I was thinking of using sales to help
support Wikimedia and Wikipedia for those particular ones. As far as
religions etc and not supporting any one particular avenue of thought
and remaining unbiased, I am sure some disclaimer or wording can be
put on the cards that would please the masses and the nay sayers. Hey
? Commons Sense Cards, now there's a name.

Wayne Ray