[Commons-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 23:09:01 UTC 2007

Rama Rama wrote:
> Oldak, this is the mailing list of Commons. This is not a political
> mailing list. Beside the fact that you views of Zionism are simplistic
> and wrong, it is not the emotions of Zionists that we want to keep out
> of here, but the emotions of *all* politically-driven people. Be they
> tenants of the Israeli right-wing and far-right-wing, or their opponents.
>
> Pedro and Gizmo, this is a *mailing list*, not a private channel; and it
> is the mailing list of Wikimedia Commons, which is, indeed,
> multi-lingual. Meaning that people from all language interact here. If
> you are speaking to everybody, it is common sense and courtesy to use a
> lingua franca that everybody understands. If you are not speaking to
> everybody, it is common sense and courtesy to bring the discussion to
> some private place where it belongs.
>
> -- Rama

Again. I disagree.
Commons is a multilingual project. As such, the list is also
multilingual. It is up to them to consider that very few can read what
they write. They can also consider adding a warning in the topic line so
that people do not bother opening the message.

But if a project is multilingual, then multilingualism should be okay.

Ant