[Commons-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:32:15 UTC 2007

On 06/12/2007, Rama Rama <ramaneko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oldak, this is the mailing list of Commons. This is not a political mailing
> list. Beside the fact that you views of Zionism are simplistic and wrong, it
> is not the emotions of Zionists that we want to keep out of here, but the
> emotions of *all* politically-driven people. Be they tenants of the Israeli
> right-wing and far-right-wing, or their opponents.

I suggested we avoid emotive terms such as "anti-Semite" which would
just confuse this discussion. The term is lightly thrown around in
some discussions - I don't see how anything I said was over-simplistic
or wrong.

Zionism is racist (any hope or ideology based around a racial state is
racist) and confusing the distinction between anti-Zionism and
anti-Semitism is a common tactic
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism_and_racism_allegations). I only
bring up these points, because they are relevant to the discussion.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)