[Commons-l] Template:Flickr

Bryan Tong Minh bryan.tongminh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:42:46 UTC 2007

On 8/24/07, Florian Straub <flominator at gmx.net> wrote:
> I just changed http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Flickr to now use
> {{information}}. Unfortunately there are some files, where reviewer is not
> filled it at "reviewer" in {{flickr}} but by using {{flickrreview}}. This
> causes two templates to show up, which are semantically wrong. See
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Image:Ketchikan1.jpg&oldid=3685514
> for example.

No. Reviewer and Flickrreview are something totally different. The
first one is used by FlickrLickr and Flickr_upload_bot and people who
manually upload Flickr images. Flickrreview is used when a second
user, per Commons:Flickr_images reviews the image. Merging them is
impossible.

Also note that merging the templates might break my script that checks
misuses of the template.

Bryan