[Commons-l] And not for the embarrassing part...

Florian Straub Flominator at gmx.net
Mon Aug 20 09:10:27 UTC 2007

"Magnus Manske" <magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:

> As {{Information}} will be one of the primary sources of image
> metadata for years to come, I thought it important to find all images
> that I, personally, uploaded to Commons that lack said template.
>
> So I wrote Yet Another Tool. Turns out, over 48% of my images lack
> that template! Well, I've been uploading to Commons since forever,
> that is, before {{Information}} existed. So much for
> rationalization...

Nice work!

Could it maybe include the names of all uploaders when doing the [assisted edit]?

If you rather want to query images without {{information}} per category, simply use http://tools.wikimedia.de/~daniel/WikiSense/CategoryIntersect.php?wikifam=commons.wikimedia.org&basecat=Green+vehicles&basedeep=3&mode=ts&templates=Information&untagged=on&userlang=en

best regards,

Flo