[Commons-l] And not for the embarrassing part...

Benjamin Esham bdesham at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 02:00:16 UTC 2007

Magnus Manske wrote:

> As {{Information}} will be one of the primary sources of image metadata
> for years to come, I thought it important to find all images that I,
> personally, uploaded to Commons that lack said template.
>
> So I wrote Yet Another Tool. Turns out, over 48% of my images lack that
> template! Well, I've been uploading to Commons since forever, that is,
> before {{Information}} existed. So much for rationalization...

Nice tool, as always, Magnus!  IMO it should check for {{Flickr}} too ;-)

Along those lines... I've created a new, beta version of the {{Flickr}}
template, available at [1].  Its advantages are that it calls
{{Information}} directly, and uses uppercase parameter names to be
consistent with {{Information}}.  Comments are very welcome at the talk page
[2].  In particular, I'd like for someone to make sure I haven't messed up
the template syntax.

[1] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Flickr/new_version
[2] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:Flickr#New_version

Cheers,