[Commons-l] New de-adminship policy

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 07:29:14 UTC 2007

On 8/12/07, Herby <herbythyme at fmail.co.uk> wrote:
> With all respect to those affected concerns were raised about inactive
> Admins on various community pages in March & April.  Discussion on the
> policy started in May and was advertised on the Village pump and the
> Admin board.  The vote when it took place was also advertised similarly.

And yet only 33 people voted or commented at all.

> I guess it surprises me that people who consider themselves active do
> not watch such pages.  Equally be signing up to request retaining the
> rights they retain the rights for six months at least.  My fervent hope
> would be that they again become active admins on Commons however the
> only way they would not have known about the discussion is because they
> rarely read community pages on Commons.

Yes, I rarely read community pages on Commons.  I rarely and certainly
don't reliably read community pages on en.wikipedia either, and I'm an
Arbcom member and long-standing admin there.  Frankly, I find them
tedious in the extreme, and largely filled with endless re-hashing of
disagreements of no interest to me.

Neither board is a place just for important announcements, as far as I an tell.

-Matt