[Commons-l] Project Peach

Tom Musgrove letterrip at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 05:14:05 UTC 2007

> What exactly does Blender do?

Here are some additional links that might be of interest/help clarify things

Of course the wikipedia entry :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blender_(software)

A comparison chart that shows how Blender stacks up versus its major
commercial competition as far as major functionality

http://wiki.cgsociety.org/index.php/Comparison_of_3d_tools

And the Blender gallery which gives some idea of the still content that
can be created with Blender

http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/gallery/images/

>Does Commons accept Blender
> working/output files? If not, should we?

I think it might be of benefit if it doesn't either Blenders own format
(which individuals would need to download Blender to view - a 4MB or so
download...) or any of the common 3D scene formats (either web 3D such
as VRML, or X3D - or Collada)