[Commons-l] Requests for permission

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 24 22:35:46 UTC 2007

I've just gotten another email request for permission to use one of my
photos. Of course they have permission, but I'm struck by how much
trouble people always seem to go to find an address to send to. I'm
thinking that we should suggest to commoners that they post direct
contact info if they're comfortable with that, at least on user page if
not on every image - I think there's only been one time that a reuser
found mediawiki's secret email-to-user option and contacted me that way.

Stan