[Commons-l] The disastrous popularity of Commons

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 21:59:17 UTC 2007

> What scandals are Commons likely to have?
>
> * Massive copyright violation.

Doubtful. By the time Commons's copyvio level becomes noticeable high
copyvios on the net will produce little media interest.

> * Questionable content (pornography, etc).

I don't think "there is porn on the net" stories do to well either.

> Any other good ones we can leverage when the time suits us? ;-)

Maybe if we were the first to get our hands on some images that latter
became high profile or if one of our sets of historic photos became
significant (remember how zombietime's traffic jumped during the whole
Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy thing).

If we were able to get pics from the less popular war zones perhaps
that might have an impact in time.

--
geni