[Commons-l] 3D printers!

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:17:16 UTC 2007

> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/05/business/05scan.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
>
> So when can we start putting 3D printer files on Commons?
>
> And should we recommend a content-like licence (e.g. GFDL, CC by-sa)
> or a software-like license (e.g. GPL)?

Heh. It would depend on the context.

A related issue we've already hit to an extent (mostly in explaining
why people can't do certain things I will admit) and are likely to
have to deal with sooner are second life objects. If someone releases
the code to an object gpl would appear to be logical but screenshots
of the object would appear to be better served by a free content
licence.

--
geni