[Commons-l] some statistics

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 05:30:42 UTC 2006

On 09/06/06, Magnus Manske <magnus.manske at web.de> wrote:
> Solution C:
> I would expect that most problematic uploads come from new users.
> Disable the creation of new users (or their ability to upload) while the
> total backlog is >X files (no pun intended).

I was thinking about this. What could work quite well, is if we had
reviewed uploads. So you upload your first five files. Then you can't
upload any more files until an admin reviews your uploads. Users stay
in 'review mode' until they can upload 5 files in row without
copyright concerns. If they upload 5 images fine then they can go into
'free mode', or 'unreviewed mode', or whatever you want to call it,
which is what we have at the moment. It would also be great to be able
to put users back INTO review mode!! Especially since we can't ban
people from uploading only (bugzilla:4995), which is a great shame.
This would be a good alternative.

This would be super nifty. Like all super nifty ideas, it's probably
quite hard to solve technically, otherwise someone would've done it by
now. :)

The only bad point is that it might lead people to create a new
account every 5 images. Might not matter that much though...

Brianna