[Commons-l] an idea for a commons help tool

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 23:55:29 UTC 2006

> Like this [1]? ;-)
>
> Maybe extensive testing should wait until wikipedia is up to decent
> speed again, though.
>
> Magnus
> (still waiting to be approved by the toolserver gods)
>
> [1] http://magnusmanske.de/wikipedia/commons_sumitup.php

Someone give the man approval! Thankyou, that's super awesome.

It's also quite useful for determining incorrect interwiki links. What
exactly does 'Missing interwiki links' mean?

Something weird happened to the layout when I put in 'Serbian
language' as well (to test an article with many interwiki links).

Two problems:
1) The vast majority of links will be red in Commons, so either links
should be ignored, or they should point back to the original wikipedia
article
2) Well actually, there's only one problem. ;) I love it!

Of course it's not quite perfect, I suspect templates will stuff it up
a bit, but I expect the person operating it to be able to figure that
out, even in another language.

Too awesome!

Brianna