[Commons-l] an idea for a commons help tool

Joakim Larsson to.joakim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 11:04:32 UTC 2006

maybe quite the same subject, this is a mail that I sent to the person
who have med commonist, but since h* hasn't replaied I maybe can post
my suggestions here to see if anybode can make somthing of it:
I don't know how hard this is to implant but I think it would a really
great function.

let me explain it in a couple of steps..

1. I open up an image list on my Wikipedia.
2. I download a bunch of pictures to a local folder on My computer
3. I load this folder int commonist
4. Now comes the new function, I chose the new alternative, move to commons
4.1 Move to commons ask me what laguage version I'm moving from
4.2 Commonist uses http://magnusmanske.de/wikipedia/commonshelper.php
or an own version of the same thing to fill in the same information
4.3 Commonist tells me if any of the files names exists on commons
(http://ln-s.net/+Sv may help)
5 I upload the files
6 Commonist or myself marks the files with {{NCT}} or {{NowCommms|changed name}}
7 optionally it would be cool if Commonist would know if I have
changed the files name after I loaded it into commonist and then
correct the links on the wikipedia, but I guess the two last functions
would mean that a bot account would be needed in some cases.

What do you say?
Sincerely
[[sv:Grön]]