[Wikimedia Chapters Reports] Wikimedia Hong Kong Report for Jul-Aug 2010

Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan yuyu at wikimedia.hk
Sat Sep 11 15:14:28 UTC 2010

Jul-Aug 2010 Monthly Report
Wikimedia Hong Kong

Ref: WMHK/DIR01/MM/001E

This is the chapters report for Wikimedia Hong Kong, Jul - Aug 2010. I
apologize for the perious long time silence. If you have any questions,
please approach us directly.

Anniversary Conference 2010
This is our third Anniversary Conference, an annual public outreach event we
maintained since 2007. This is year we set the event as a kick start of our
WMF-funded project, the Education Toolkits For Liberal Studies. With the
help and support from ISOC-HK and the Hong Kong Council of Social Service,
we are able to had such meeting in HRH Duke of Windsor Service Building, a
prime conference location in  town.  In the meeting Dr. Chitat Chan, our
chapter’s advisor, and John Chan from our partner group in the LS toolkit
project, 3 teachers group. We had clarified our goal and defined the
strategy for the project.
Photos of the event:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeromyu/sets/72157624394600259/

Education Toolkits For Liberal Studies
This is a WMF-funded project, and from the anniversary conference, our
partners and us agreed that we should involved teachers who currently
teaching the subject. So we kept on the strategic preparation for the
platform to bring the teachers together.

Preparation for annual fundraising
Preparation for this years fundraiser had started much earlier this year,
and several things are in progress:
- unlock our Paypal account by gaining charity status
- moving bank account to HSBC
- seeking gov’t approval to set up fundraising stalls in downtown streets
- preparation for selling Alpaca(Caonima) stamp in the fundraising period
(special thx to Argentine Chapter)

Wikimedia Asia Conference
Negotiated with dot Asia organization and ISOC-HK, we may facilitate an
option for Wikimedia Asia Project, that we might collocate the conference
with their APRICOT-APAN 2011. We still need a consensus from the Asian
Chapters to make the conference a reality.

General assembly
4th General Assembly was held in June, 1st Council, which provides check and
balance to the directory, was elected. Councillors were inaugurated in June,
in their first assembled, when the annual plan and budget of the chapter
presented by the Directory was also approved.

*
*Coming up
18-Sept 5th  Anniversary re-do of the First WIkipedian’s Meetup in Hong Kong
Sept,Oct  Focus groups with liberal studies teachers

*
*

--
Jerry~雨雨
Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan, ARAD
MSN: jeromyuchan at msn.com
also Jeromyu on twitter, plurk and most of places

Tel (Mobile): +852 9279 1601
Laudamus quae laudentur
Qui mollis et dissolutus est in opere suo frater est sua opera dissipantis.
Non clamatis hostilia, numquam esse vos accusatoribus.