[Wikimedia Chapters Reports] Report for Wikimedia Sverige, June 2010

Jan Ainali jan at ainali.com
Sat Jul 3 07:53:10 UTC 2010

This is the chapters report for Wikimedia Sverige in June 2010.

== Events ==

* We sponsored a photohunt in the middle of Sweden (Bergslagssafari)
that (so far) resulted in 287 pictures to Commons [1], media attention
[2] and inspiration for those involved. A similiar event in the south of
Sweden in September is already planned.

* Meeting with museums about Creative Commons licenses, where Liam Wyatt
was invited speaker. Invitation [3], video of Liam's presentation [4],
blog about the event [5].

* For the Wedding of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, and Daniel
Westling we helped two photographers to get accreditation resulting in
lots of good pictures, amongst them this one [6]. They were not the only
wikimedians photographing, at least 10 persons have uploaded 277 photos
and videos to commons.

== Software ==

* We bought an OCR-program to help the active contributors on Swedish
Wikisource with their scanning/uploading.