[Wikimedia Chapters Reports] WMSE report May to July

jan at ainali.com jan at ainali.com
Wed Aug 26 18:13:29 UTC 2009

Wikimedia Sveriges chapters report for May, June and July 2009 is now
online on meta and copied below for your convenience.

==Chapters meeting==
Three board members attended the chapters meeting and another three
members on the developers meetup. I gave us a lot of inspiration and
energy. Thanks to WMDE for a great event and to all attendees for being so
great!

==Wikipedia Academy==
Our chairman, Lennart Guldbrandsson attended the Wikipedia Academy in USA.
He was cited in Wikipedia Signpost. [1] The cooperation with NIH  has
reached Swedish media. [2]

==GLAM==
THe NPG has reached Swedish media, mainly translating English media. [3]

On a more positive note we have several good contacts with different
institutions and we can hopefully soon announce the first donation of
pictures to WMSE.

==Board meetings==
We had two board meetings this period and both minutes are online in
Swedish. [4][5]

==University course==
This fall the first University course in Wikipedia will start (7,5 ECTS
credits).[6] WMSE is not directly involved doing this, but we support it
and a member is the teacher and as litterature Lennart's book Så fungerar
Wikipedia (How Wikipedia works) will be used.

==Seminars and conferences==
We have held two talks about what Wikipedia is, for Swedish tourist
journalists and secondary upper class teachers.

==Links==
[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2009-07-27/Wikipedia_Academy

[2]
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_i_media#Wikipedia_Academy_p.C3.A5_National_Institutes_of_Health
[3]
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_i_media/Arkiv/2009#SVD_rapporterar_om_National_Portrait_Gallery

[4] http://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6tesprotokoll/Protokoll_2009-05-18
[5] http://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6tesprotokoll/Protokoll_2009-06-15
[6]
http://www.miun.se/Mittuniversitetet/Utbildning/Utbildningsutbud/163/ATLAS/Visa-kurs/?KatalogKursId=5700

Jan Ainali [[User:Ainali]] for Wikimedia Sverige
http://se.wikimedia.org