[Advocacy Advisors] OHIM Observatory - Studies

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 09:53:52 UTC 2014

Hi all,

please find attached the three study requests that were submitted to the
OHIM's IPR Infringements Observatory [1] by EDRi [2], BEUC [3] and us.

The Observatory will work out their own proposals and work plans for these
studies and come back to us shortly. The idea is that we will have the
chance to monitor and comment each step of the work.

We had initially requested a "study on the contirbution of the public
domain the european economy" as a reaction to a study focusing solely on IP
[4]. After a few months negotiations and meetings, the Observatory agreed
to include studies requested by civil society in their 2014 work plan. In
order to maximise impact, we coordinated with the two other civil society
groups in the Observatory.

Dimi

[1]https://oami.europa.eu/ohimportal/en/web/observatory/home
[2]http://edri.org/