[Advocacy Advisors] Policy Issues Survey 2013

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 10:09:46 UTC 2013

HI everybody,

the difficult part here is that Freedom of Information is a huge term that
regularly cascades into privacy and freedom of speech discussions. I
nevertheless believe that for the sake of the survey it means "right to
know" rather than "right to privacy" (although the two are of course
connected).

I think that by Freedom of Information, for the purposes of this report, we
are talking about the laws giving the general public access to government
documents and data (i.e. open government and open records) and not so much
about private/anonymous editing. Thus being said, the relevant overview
article woud be "FoI laws by country" [1].

Dimi

[1]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_information_laws_by_country