[Advocacy Advisors] 2nd EU Policy Monitoring Report

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 09:21:51 UTC 2013

2013/7/4 Luis Villa <lvilla at wikimedia.org>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov <
> dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com> wrote:

Speaking for myself and not necessarily for WMF, I think that the Wikimedia
> movement has an important role to play in copyright reform, since we are
> the biggest and most high-profile example of how a broader information
> commons can benefit everyone. I'm just not sure how we get there yet :) So
> I'm very curious about what other similar groups are doing.

Yes, it's quite tricky and we need to hammer out at least some details (for
the entire movement). Right now, the best we can do is monitor closely, set
red flags and then hope to get to a consensus.

By the way, there is also some interest in open research
data<https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/news/ec-public-consultation-open-research-data-2-july-brussels>by
the EU. I missed the initial consultation, but I am planning to follow
the proceeding closely.

> I would be happy to be introduced! That said, I of course can't promise
> much - we need more consensus here before taking any actions.

Great, the meeting is  today and I will get in touch with you later to make
some introductions.

Dimi